From 26 March 2020, New Zealand is in lockdown for four weeks to stop COVID-19 in its tracks.
That means that, for now, the Retreat is closed. We’re already looking forward to re-opening and sharing our beautiful part of the world with you again. With that in mind, we have put together some affordable winter packages to celebrate a return to normal with you.
View our current vacancies
• Are you a Chef with a passion for provenance cooking from scratch?
• Do you enjoy preparing Garden to Plate cuisine while using high quality and organic ingredients?
• Are you looking for something different to the stereotypical Chef role?
Are you self-motivated and committed with experience in quality establishments? Are you resourceful, creative and hardworking? Do you enjoy a rural lifestyle within an awe-inspiring landscape?• Luxury lodge accommodation, Wedding and Events Venue
Here is a rare opportunity to work with our Head Chef Tom on a continuously evolving and changing seasonal menu for our discerning guests to enjoy. We pride ourselves on making everything from scratch including sourdough breads, condiments and charcuterie. Champion our local salmon, angus beef and lamb. Prepare organic produce straight from the garden, take it back to the basics, respect your ingredients, your craft and present it with flair. Develop yourself and your craft working with our Head Chef. This role includes:• Plan and provision our succinct slightly rustic seasonal menu using local produce and meats for guests, weddings and events.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.Remuneration is based on skills and experience.
• Are you an experienced housekeeper who has a passion for providing guest hospitality?
• Do you have good leadership, supervisory and management skills?
• Are you looking for an opportunity to extend your hospitality career in a luxury lodge environment?
We are looking for someone to take the lead with our housekeeping team. Are you self-motivated and committed with experience in quality establishments? Do you enjoy the pressures of tight housekeeping timeframes and being part of the hustle and bustle of weddings and special events? Do you have an eye for detail, exceptional cleaning and hygiene techniques? Are you a people person, physically fit and strong with excellent interpersonal skills?
• Luxury Lodge Villa accommodation, Wedding and Events Venue
• Great variety within the role. Day to day provisioning for guests, bespoke events – both large and small, ranging from weddings to monthly Supper Club events.
• Package includes accommodation if required
• Mackenzie Basin rural location offering a great lifestyle out of the city, a truly amazing setting.
• There will be a requirement to undertake tasks outside of housekeeping duties
You will be able to maintain Luxury Lodge standards & code of conduct; have a guest-centric approach; lead team meetings; develop your team; help others out, make and keep promises to guests and your team; show guests and your team that we value them; be well presented; take pride in your work; maintain security and confidentially; and be relied on for your honesty and integrity.
This role includes:
• Leadership, supervision and training of the housekeeping team to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of this service;
• Housekeeping and maintaining luxury lodge standards and hygiene practices;
• Some front of house and assisting with event set-up;
• Managing housekeeping stock and provisions;
• Being a positive role model and representing the Retreat to Luxury Lodge standards;
• Delivering the details that make our guests stay a superb experience.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Renumeration based on skills and experience.
Minimum 30 hours per week.
Additional hours required during the Summer season.
We are aiming for the successful applicant to start in March 2020.
This position will remain open until filled. If this sounds like you and you want to hear more about it, then please apply ASAP!
1. Provide a detailed CV and covering letter as well as written references and certificates evidencing relevant work experience and qualifications. Ideally you will have recent references within New Zealand.
2. Confirm their immigration status as a NZ resident, NZ citizen or work visa holder.
3. Have a New Zealand Drivers licence;
4. Be healthy, fit and strong;
5. Have a positive attitude, good communication skills, a willingness to learn and be able to self-manage;
6. Know how to deliver a high level of customer service;
7. Have excellent presentation and grooming standards.
My husband booked Mount Cook Lakeside Estate as a surprise weekend away for my 60th birthday. The location is idyllic with lots of outdoor activities on offer should you be inclined. The accommodation is luxurious,spotlessly clean, warm and welcoming. The food prepared by chef Tom is simply delicious. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients cooked to your individual tastes and delivered to your dining table. Luke, Kaye and staff could not have done any more to make this a perfect stay. (TripAdviser Review 2019)